Curve Works is a manufacturing company with the specific aim to realise affordable, fast small-series composite products. We adopt new technologies and materials to achieve affordability with a focus on singly and doubly curved panels and panel assemblies. Through our unique adaptive mould and specially designed manufacturing facility, we can deliver affordable composite panels for prototypes, one-offs and small series production.
Common problems of prototyping and small-series production
The crippling costs of tooling stop many ideas at the drawing board. Complex-shaped small-series products and one-offs are often disregarded because:
- High tooling costs prohibit a commercially viable product
- Lead times are excessive because tooling needs to be developed, manufactured and transported
- Storage and/or disposal of unique moulds has a high logistical and/or environmental impact
A chance for new ideas
Curve Works offers a solution with pin-based reconfigurable tooling. What does that mean for you?
- Tooling costs are eliminated and one-offs with complex curvature become affordable
- Adaptive moulds provide maximum flexibility for last-minute changes or immediate iteration on design
- Entire product can potentially be made with a single tool
- Energy and materials required for traditional hardware is eliminated
- Space requirements for tooling is dramatically reduced
Industries we aim to serve: